Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Obama in Bristol

  1. #21
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    He is a great speaker. The problem can be the substance.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #22
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    Compared to what he's running against, the substance is there.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #23
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    I don't know that the substance is that great from either.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #24
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    Me neither...but I know which one offers the best chance of departure from what the last 8 years have been.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oakland raiders</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude better be careful around here someone may try and axe him </div></div>

    You should be glad nothing happened today, if it had, you would have had more secret service checking your body cavities than anybody should want.

    All this being said though, was discussing it today. If anybody with a lick of sense, some semi-thought out plans, and fair financial backing ever wanted to run third party, this would be the time. The Democratic side is/was pitiful, when all they had to do was get behind someone who wasn't an oddity (and by that I mean either the first woman or the first black), who showed the slightest bit of new thinking and it would have been a cakewalk. The Republicans needed to go 180% degrees away from Bush and old thinking and they could have whipped the crap out of either of the 2 final Democrats, but they picked another old thinker. It's not voting for the best candidate this year, no matter who someone votes for, its voting for the lesser of the 2 evils (and honestly unless someone is just purely a Repub. or Dem., nobody should know who it is, because neither have really said much as far as any plans, ideas or what they want to do).

    On a slightly related topic, if anybody wants to see someone who is going to absolutely roll an opponent, this is the person who will.

    YouTube - Mark Warner Ad: "Budget Mess"
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    I thought the last election options were pretty bad, but I do believe this one is worse.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #27
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    If Huckabee had of won the republican nod, he would get over 60% of the popular vote...

    Same can be said for a saine democrat...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  8. #28
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    Bringing up Warner Rock, do you think he may get the VP nod? It wouldn't be a bad thing for Obama, but I sort of think Webb might get it to have someone with prior military experience that he can show off on how he will have military knowledge the presidency.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #29
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bringing up Warner Rock, do you think he may get the VP nod? It wouldn't be a bad thing for Obama, but I sort of think Webb might get it to have someone with prior military experience that he can show off on how he will have military knowledge the presidency. </div></div>
    Why? We have had 8 years without the benefit. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    And it seems our friends have our next "course " laid out for US.

    updated 51 minutes ago
    JERUSALEM - An Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites looks "unavoidable"? given the apparent failure of sanctions to deny Tehran technology with bomb-making potential, one of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's deputies said Friday.

    "If Iran continues with its program for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it. The sanctions are ineffective,"? Transport Minister Shaul Mofaz told the mass-circulation Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24998146

  10. #30
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Obama in Bristol

    Talking with many of my democrat friends, I've learned that most are planning to write-in Hillary as their vote for President. I may very well do the same.

    Now, that might just be a regional bias in an area where Obama is not as popular as other areas. But, I don't think he has the ability to unify the democrat party. I think you'll see a large percentage of democrats who simply will not vote, rather than cast their vote for Obama.

    I think the things that disturb me most about Obama are the comments he has made about rural America as well as the racial controversy that has come from his "former" church.


    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victory or Death</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm by no means a democrat, but he sounded pretty good this morning.</div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •